After Juno installation, I received the following error.
From the error message, the system had tried to find an executable file
which would then be executed by the shell
/bin/sh. Nonetheless, it’s absent
from the system’s environment
$PATH, so Juno couldn’t find it.
I’ve only changed my
$PATH in ZSHRC, which is user-specific.
This Stack Overflow question about
$PATH setting on *nix has
provided various solution. As I was in a hurry to get Julia run on Juno,
I’ve taken the advice from the best answer. I prefer creating a separate
/usr/bin, rather than editing system-wide config files.
$ cd /usr/bin $ sudo ln -s $(which julia) julia
I was surprised to learn that my old laptop was running version 1.0.1. To cleanly upgrade Julia to the currect stable version (v 1.1.0), I removed the old one and replaced it with the downloaded tarball.